The 3 day Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) is suitable for higher hazard workplaces such as construction sites and factories or workplaces.
The qualification will enable candidates to attain the knowledge and skills needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. Candidates should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of the first aider. On completion, candidates are awarded a certificate that is valid for three years.
In order to attain the qualification, candidates need to complete and pass practical assessments which involves kneeling, bending and carrying out resuscitation techniques, putting a casualty in the recovery position, dealing with blood loss and treating shock. Some reasonable adjustments can be made to the assessments so please ensure you ask upon booking.
Level 3 First Aid at Work (FAW) Course Content (RQF)
This Level 3 First Aid at Work course contains two mandatory training units.
Unit 1 – Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assess an incident in an emergency
- Management of an unresponsive casualty who is & is not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Management of a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury
Unit 2 – Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
- Conduct a secondary survey
- Administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head, spinal and chest injuries
- Administer first aid to a casualty with burns, scalds, eye injuries
- Administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
In – House Course Price
Book this course on your premises for £1350 for up to 12 candidates.