First aid teacher saved by his own student after he suffered a heart attack during a course

0 Comment

We recently came across this on the DailyMail and we thought we should share this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4744972/St-John-s-aid-teacher-saved-student.html This is another great example of why everyone needs to have the knowledge and skills to act with confidence when faced with a real life situation. Time is of the essence in situations such as this. The quicker you…

Read More

This Morning TV producer left brain damaged from nut allergy appears on the show

0 Comment

 I saw recently saw this on This Morning and thought you should see it: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/this-morning-tv-producer-nut-allergy-brain-damage-amy-may-shead-a7905751.html This is such a sad story and incredibly important reminder to us all to take allergies seriously. It was so brave of Amy to come on the show and for the family to discuss this on This morning to raise…

Read More

Rise in acid attacks prompts calls for widespread first aid training

0 Comment

Link: http://www.itv.com/news/2017-08-03/rise-in-acid-attacks-prompts-calls-for-widespread-first-aid-training/ We recently came across this article and thought it would be worth sharing. Sadly, there has been a huge spate of acid attacks lately. There have been more than 400 attacks in the last six months leading up to April this year (2017), according to figures from Police Forces in England and Wales. Doctors…

Read More

Adrenaline Auto-Injectors to be held in all schools – campaign

0 Comment

We thought this was an interesting issue around first aid in schools. Source: https://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/campaigning/generic-pen-campaign/ New legislation has recently come out from Allergy UK, who have been campaigning for some time to have emergency adrenaline auto–injectors (AAI) available in schools. AAIs give a potentially life-saving dose of adrenaline in the event of a severe allergic reaction…

Read More

Teenager saves dad with CPR

0 Comment

I came across this on the BBC and wanted to share it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-cornwall-40357224/cornwall-teenager-saves-dad-with-cpr-learnt-from-house This is another great article which highlights the importance of knowing what to do in an emergency situation. CPR is vital, as you are taking over the role of the heart by pumping oxygenated blood around the body and to the brain…

Read More

5 year old saves brother from choking by using first aid skills

5 year old saves his brother from choking on a meatball

0 Comment

We came across this headline recently: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-40430970/boy-5-saves-brother-from-choking-on-meatball Oliver Bevans saved his little brother from choking by applying first aid techniques that he had learnt from school. This story shows that emergencies can happen anywhere at any time, and it is essential to know what to do when an emergency strikes. This also proves that first…

Read More

How First Aid Courses Help in Real-life

0 Comment

We delivered a Level 3 Paediatric First Aid Course in Slough for new and existing school/pre-school staff which was run over 3 evening sessions. It was a pleasure running this course, great staff and a great venue. There was positive feedback and everyone got involved which made teaching a lot of fun. We also delivered a…

Read More

Some of our clients

BOOK NOW
close slider

    Book Your Course Today!

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Your Telephone

    Preferred Date of Training (if applicable)

    How You Find Out About Us?

    in the unlikely event you have trouble sending the form, please contact us directly on info@fmfirstaidtraining.co.uk