First Aid tips for Bees and Wasp Stings

0 Comment

With the fabulous weather we are seeing this summer it is extremely common for people to get stung by bee and wasp stings, especially when spending time outside and eating outside.


First there is pain where the person has been stung, followed by redness and swelling around the site of the sting. If you suspect a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) always call 999 or 112 immediately and mention anaphylaxis.

What to do:

If you can see the sting, try to use the side of credit card to brush away the sting. Do not use tweezers, as you are more likely to squeeze more venom into the wound. Apply a wrapped ice pack to the affected area to help reduce the swelling and can reduce the pain as well. Monitor for signs of an allergic reaction, and if you notice any signs of an allergic reaction such as breathing difficulties, anxiety, redness and swelling -particularly to the neck or face – then call 999/112 immediately and mention anaphylaxis.

In the meantime, enjoy your summer and stay safe!

Some of our clients

close slider

    Book Your Course Today!

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Your Telephone

    Preferred Date of Training (if applicable)

    How You Find Out About Us?

    in the unlikely event you have trouble sending the form, please contact us directly on